Thursday, November 18

**EXTREMELY EXCITING**

 (http://www.ncpad.org/get/video/real/tennis/22_commentary.jpg).
One week ago, as I participated in the Community Fitness night (in Gym 1) I met Kelly, who during introductory conversation I find out is a board member of the local Independent Living Center.  Within five minutes, I volunteered my assitance to any program they may need help with.  I was quickly invited to assist with their upcoming event.  Last evening I attended their committee meeting where I was quickly incorporated with making this an Inclusive Event.  It will be an extremely interactive and fun-filled festival day -- Including: showcase games by local snd regional (maybe national?) professional athletes, as well as all inclusive Pick-up games -- where people can Try the sport!!.... with quad rugby, wheelchair tennis (hopefully doubles: AB's + athletes using w/c's), power soccer, Solo-rider golfing, hand cycling, other cycle showcasing...

   

No comments:

Post a Comment